menu close menu

Pentecost Sunday

Pentecost Sunday, June 4th, is a day of great celebration, marking the end of the 50 Days of Easter and rejoices in the gift of the Holy Spirit to the church. The color of Pentecost is red, for flames of fire, for the enlivening power of the Holy Spirit.

On this day we will make our gifts to the Pentecost Offering which helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children. 40% of the Pentecost offering is retained by MPC to make an impact in the lives of young people within our own community. The remaining 60% is used to support ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency.

Look for your special Pentecost Offering envelope in the Sunday, June 4th bulletin.

May 23, 2017 | Volunteering | Comments Off on Pentecost Sunday

Comments are closed.