From Pastor Davies – 8/9
As you know, I am leading a series of focus groups for the purpose of discerning God’s will for the future ministry of Memorial Presbyterian Church. I am pleased to inform you that the response from the congregation to sign up and participate in these groups has been excellent. In fact, all groups are filled to capacity.
I am willing to offer additional groups if there is a need to do so. Kindly call the church office (829-6451) and speak with me if you would like for me to organize additional groups.
Now then, as I wrote last week, I am aware that some persons in the congregation are unable to attend a focus group because they are out of town or they are unable to come to the church for various reasons. You can still participate in this process. Here’s how:
You can send me an e-mail with your answers to the following questions. These are the same questions that are being discussed at every meeting at the church.
- What were some of the leadership skills you believe God greatly gifted the two most recent pastors of MPC with? And next, maybe not so much?
- What are the things about your church that delight you, that you believe are pleasing to God? (what’s working)
- What are some concerns you have about your church that you believe God may be calling you to address? (what isn’t working)
- What changes would you make at your church that you believe would be most pleasing to God?
- What is getting in the way of your church being able to full worship and glorify God?
- What other things that you have prayerfully discerned would be helpful for the Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC) to hear and consider in seeking a new pastor, especially the needed leadership skills for the next pastor?
Send your answers to me at email@example.com
Please remember to pray for everyone who participates in this important process as well as the Pastor Nominating Committee. Have a blessed week!