From Pastor Davies – 8/2
As you know, I am leading a series of focus groups for the purpose of discerning God’s will for the future ministry of Memorial Presbyterian Church. I am pleased to inform you that the response from the congregation to sign up and participate in these groups has been excellent.
The following focus groups are filled to capacity: August 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th, and 11th and 14th.
Limited space is available for the following groups: August 13th and 17th. Call the church office (829-6451) and speak with Paula to sign up for one of these groups.
I have added two additional focus groups. Dates and times are as follows:
- Monday, August 22nd 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 23rd 6:45 p.m.*
*Child care will be provided.
You may continue to sign up for the group of your choice this Sunday, August 7th in the courtyard. Look for the sign up table.
All focus group meetings are taking place in Room 218 in the education wing. And remember: You need only attend once.
Now then, I am aware that some persons in the congregation are unable to attend a focus group because they are out of town or they are unable to come to the church for various reasons. You can still participate in this process. Here’s how:
You can send me an e-mail with your answers to the following questions. These are the same questions that are being discussed at every meeting at the church.
- What were some of the leadership skills you believe God greatly gifted the two most recent pastors of MPC with? And next, maybe not so much?
- What are the things about your church that delight you, that you believe are pleasing to God? (what’s working)
- What are some concerns you have about your church that you believe God may be calling you to address? (what isn’t working)
- What changes would you make at your church that you believe would be most pleasing to God?
- What is getting in the way of your church being able to full worship and glorify God?
- What other things that you have prayerfully discerned would be helpful for the Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC) to hear and consider in seeking a new pastor?
Send your answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org Please know that I will not be using participants’ names in my report to the PNC.
Let us all continue to pray for everyone who participates in this important process. Have a blessed week!