A summary of Session actions from its June 20, 2016 meeting:
1) Had a “Holy Listening” visit with a team from presbytery discussing things that are going well at MPC as well as how the church could mentor another congregation.
2) Removed Mark and Charla Adcock from the active membership roll as they have joined another church closer to their home in World Golf Village.
3) Heard a report from the Church Nominating Committee providing the names of church members recommended to serve on the Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC). The Session voted to call a meeting of the congregation on Sunday, July 17th immediately following worship for the purpose of electing the PNC.
4) Approved Pastor Davies’ request to attend the Montreat Middle School Conference July 20-24 at Maryville College, TN.
5) Agreed to have a service of healing and wholeness on July 27th at 6:15 p.m. in the sanctuary with a dinner preceding the service at 5:15 p.m.
6) Approved a revised vehicle use policy.
7) Authorized the youth to host a gameshow-style trivia night for the congregation during the program hour after FEAST on November 30th. Donations will be accepted that night to support the upcoming Appalachian Service Project mission trip in 2017.
8) Agreed to return to two services of worship at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m. on September 18th.
9) Approved the Communications Committee’s request to purchase HDMI cables and materials for putting TVs in the kitchen and nursery to stream church services to these areas and to purchase microphone cables to enable picking up the sound of church choirs and recording their worship presentations.
The next stated meeting of the Session is Monday, August 15th at 6:45 p.m.